View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 01:49 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
It's not odd at all. You're making a statement that offers nothing to the Op regarding their item, but implies something negative about those giving the opinions. That is the part that bothers me. Your blanket statement implies that we say everything is bad, just because. That implication is not beneficial to the op as it calls into question, not only the validity of our opinions as being some rubber stamp knee jerk response, but also our motive for giving the opinions. This is not beneficial for the OP or the board. I asked you to explain what useful info can be gleaned from your statement, yet you didn't answer.
Consider this analogy. Let's say we're in a forum about testicular cancer. Someone asks about treatment options and results. Someone answers the person's question with the statement "Just want to let you know that a lot of people die from cancer." Now while that information is true, as a lot of people do die from cancer, it doesn't answer the OP's question and really offers nothing of benefit to the OP. Plus, the OP very possibly could take that statement to mean that his situation is pretty bad. This may or may not be the case and that general statement really isn't needed or helpful. Following that up with well, I'll leave it to others to clarify my statement, because my statement is true is ridiculous.

What's really odd is that out of 1000 posts, the only three posts on the autograph side have been the same thing. Is this all you have to add?

For the most part, you have a right to say what you want on this forum. I also have a right to take issue with what you say if I feel it is in some way detrimental to the conversation. I, and others, given the responses in this and the previous thread, obviously do. I have told you why I think it is detrimental. Now tell me why you think it's helpful.

actually I did answer, I gave you one reason already......I told you that some people may feel better knowing fakes occur a lot if they found out they were cheated on a buy......yo seem to be against me repeating things..not sure why I have to repeat answers that you don't read

."....some people may of just been snooped into buying a fake card and may find solace that fake autos happen a lot. "

you may not think its beneficial but you said I ignored you and didnt give an example and I did......comparing cancer to baseball cards is pretty ridiculous that I not even going to consider that analogy...we are talking baseball cards here not cancer...I think its pretty offensive to talk about the two together ....my analogy about buy the card not the holder involves baseball card collecting....I not going to bring up cancer in an analogy.....

again you are taking issue in something I said that you agree with in the most part and I said in 3 out of 1000 posts....why all the arguing...

also if you are against doing things that aren't helpful....I don't see how its helpful to continue responding to my posts...I not attacking you at all.....some people have taken issue with things that I have said in different threads and others agreed........I got your point and you got my point... so be it...

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-18-2015 at 02:02 PM.