View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 05:48 AM
Duane Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by begsu1013 View Post
thanks guys! it's been completely fun and a lil challenging / daunting having to pass on certain cards because of their eye appeal. especially on the older hof'ers or guys that have passed.

do you snag an off centered beater up simply because it's the only one available and ya haven't seen one in months or do you wait knowing your whale is right in front of ya yet pass because you think a prettier whale will pop up...it's almost like gambling at certain times and how much of an idiot i feel like knowing i shoulda just snagged the beater....
Bob,

I struggle with the same thought processes at times regarding should I settle for a certain card even though it is in poorer condition than I would normally accept. I have decided to stick with my standards regarding the condition of cards that I purchase for up to a year. After a year, if I cannot locate the particular card in the condition I want than I downgrade my standard and pick up a card that is in less than optimum condition. Don't let the search make you feel like an idiot or frustrate you. The search is what makes this hobby so much fun.

Thanks again for sharing your cards.

Duane