View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 05:35 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

Day two what hurts more my head my feet or my back? First stop Mark M and Ted Z table but after thumbing through their T206 cards I passed for now and began my day. And I made a mistake a "veteran" like me should not make. SCD is selling their new big vintage book for $10 it's a heck of
a buy so I pick one up. Well the mistake was, now I have to lug this brick around all day! Prob should have stowed the book behind someone's table better yet wait till I'm leaving to purchase but I'm not always so smart.
Mostly smaller purchases to start off with, although I did finish off my 1959 Topps Hockey set AND picked up a discount 1957 Topps Hockey Bucyk RC on the cheap. Also purchased a 1960 Topps Bobby Hull I am SO close to finishing off my Topps Hockey run!
I did pick up several '69 Topps football "4-in-ones" to push that set along and of course chipping away at my non sports wantlist too I finished my 1976 Happy Days set with a couple of stickers of Richie and the Fonz it's the little things in life right?
Took a much needed break at the in lobby Starbucks and had a nice convo with roommate Spike plus I got to set down my sixty pound backpack! Running into OBC members all day and met Geordie, Gary, and saw Jason sporting the new OBC t-shirts.
Went back to the off grade t-206 guys table and bought a few more and ended up with eleven more hits to my t206 list that's thirty-eight hits so far
After the show we took the train into Chicago for our traditional meal at Mother Hubbards sports bar met Ray L and his wife. Chicago is so beautiful and let me tell you the women are beautiful too! I ate WAY to much last night.....
I have a meet up scheduled today with some of the Net54 football guys at noon and then the Net54 party tonight. More OBC members rolling in today too, just look for the hats (although their are three versions of hats). Lots of activity in the pack busting area but at least there's not all that annoying cheering they did last year I don't quite understand what they do back there but they seem to have fun. Off we go for day #3!

Sent from my iPhone