View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 06:17 PM
Tony Ooten

Just finished my first national experience Thursday and Friday

Gotta say it was a great time. I picked up a few t206 back stamps , passed on a few also . Most everyone was very friendly only had a couple of dealers that were less than friendly. Added a couple of t207's that I needed.

I don't recall seeing any Oxford confectionaries, t227 cobbs, low grade cracker jacks. Although I was focusing on "stacks of t206's".

It was a challenge for me to walk the whole show in 2 days.

Johnny you are right the only t206 scrap I recall seeing was Leon's multi strike.

I was disappointed that I didn't grab any t205 commons. I was actively looking for them but never found any even remotely close to the price at which I've purchased 8 on eBay the last 2 weeks.

I did find a new interest in topps coins and seeing a lot of post war regional issues and topps non-base sets made me want to list Al Richters collection as one of the top three I'd like to see.

I'm slamming a couple of Stiegls now in prep for "double fisting corona's " ( as Leon put it) at the net54 dinner- which I hope tops off a great 2 days- so excuse the "stream of conciousness report.

In summary I had a great time and recommend the national to any card collector who hasn't been!

Last edited by tonyo; 07-31-2015 at 06:21 PM.