Thread: August Pickups!
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 07:29 PM
Matt

Glad you are loving the Hank, CW. Always a thrill to see those three white sides look of even thickness with minimal tapering.

The Ted was bought raw from a great board member and came with a wonderful story and even a picture of Ted signing that very card-- was sure it would holder, which I wanted for protection long term. Love the provenance (it's my only auto card) and also that it's on a card with a clear image.

The 76 Brett is kind of a freak for its centering and focus combo. Liked it better than the strong 8 with which I recently parted ways. It concedes some PD and honest corner wear; it was another raw beauty from Sean that recently graded out at the show. I can make out details on this focused examples, such as the texture of his cap and skin tone, which I couldn't discern on the two 8s I've had prior. Certainly wouldn't look out of place in a 7.5 holder; they have become incredibly harsh lately, no doubt a good business move, however unfair to the cards Tangentially the Roberto looks way more like an 8 to me, but happy to have the card for cheaper than I would have graded it!

And this one is a little off topic for this section, but quite excited about it. Strong centering for the card, along with correct registration.

Last edited by MattyC; 08-02-2015 at 07:41 PM.