View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 09:00 PM
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Eh, I didn't see much of a future with the kids when they are just there with their parents who collect.....cause not all the collectors kids will collect..and that will result in a smaller group all together...the..future would be healthy if more kids whos parents DID NOT collect started to collect...than that would be a net gain......as opposed to a net loss that I saw...
That what I was saying though is that I was surprised how many kids I seen picking out cards for themselves or busting packs open, asking their parents to buy them this box or this card and being legitimately excited about the cards. I mean sure I don't know if that means they will be lifetime collectors but it seemed to me there was way more kids that seemed to be there for the cards and not just because there parents were. Im sure most of their parents collect as well so I'll give you that. But there's few people I know that pick up a hobby as a kid that wasn't influenced by someone close to them already being involved. on the modern side of the hobby I think their is a healthy number of kids and teenagers involved.