View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 09:15 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdcrdkid View Post
I'm sure there are lots of kids collecting whose parents don't collect. You can't judge that by a show like the National; I wouldn't expect many/any kids (especially young kids) to come to such a show by themselves, so they're pretty much always going to be there with their parents, whether or not those parents are collectors. I saw a number of father-son combos where both were obviously collectors, but I'm sure there were many noncollector parents who were there with their collector child. My parents sometimes used to come to card shows with me back in the early 80s, though admittedly they would also sometimes drop me off at the show and go shopping somewhere else nearby, if that was feasible. But I was a teenager, 14-16 years old.

You make some valid points I didn't consider..........but we do know as a whole its not like its gaining steam with the kids so I guess im a bit biased on that issue....its not like there are baseball card stores anymore in most areas and most local shows are few and far between and not many people go too that ive seen......I not sure what kind of showing I was looking for from the younger ones to undo the bias...I guess when I say 'kids' im also meaning guys in their 20s- mid 30s......I also was there towards the back end of the show later in the day on Saturday as well so that could factor into it....

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-02-2015 at 09:18 PM.