View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 09:45 PM
David Kathman

I didn't expect to get back to the show after Friday, but as it turned out, I was able to go back for a couple of hours this afternoon. I didn't get there until 2:30, and they let me in for $10 instead of the official $22 because it was so close to the end. Lots of dealers were gone and many more were packing up, but I was able to check out some tables I only glanced at on Friday, and go back to some favorites. I ended up getting nine more raw T206s from three dealers, all of them Net54 members, two of whom I also bought from on Friday. Thanks for the deals, caramelcard, edhans, and Wildfireschulte! My favorite pickup was this beauty of a Chance yellow portrait with an Old Mill back. It has what appears to be some glue on the back, but I'm hoping that (very careful) soaking might help with that.

I also got a Wiltse portrait (with cap) with a Polar Bear back. I've had that card with a Lenox back for more than 30 years, and I just bought one with a Piedmont Factory 42 back from Ted Z on Friday. Ted told me that I now have to do a back run for that card, since I have two of the toughest backs. I guess I'm officially starting it now! I'll try to post scans tomorrow night.