View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisFlood View Post
The show was good enough to get me commit to the trip to Atlantic City next year. Booth 153 opened up and I was able to snag that one close to my good friend Ron Estes who will be at booth 109.

I sold my inventory on the second day and spent the last several days buying from walk ups and chatting with OBC members and a few Net 54 members.

People were friendly and engaging in conversation. I met three young men who were Mets fans and they were fired up about their team and baseball cards. They came by again on the last day and I was able to compliment the father of the boys about what gentlemen they are. The future of the hobby is going to be fine with these and other young men and women I saw at the show.

A couple of down notes: A man trying to peddle a pack fresh counterfeit that would have graded a 10+ Henry Aaron rookie. I told him to take it to one of th auction houses and get it authenticated and put it in their auction to make some big money. He said he wanted to sell it to me. I told him I couldn't afford it. He came back later and said he had sold it. He then tried to sell me a Kaline Rookie in horrible condition. At least it was real. I didn't buy that one either.

I saw a fake Rose Rookie in a global holder that was graded 10. He bought it at the show, never found out if he got his refund, but hope that worked out for him.

I had a great time, great food in Chicago, only problem is the concorete floors are telling me I am not young anymore. Legs are still a little sore and swollen.
Four days of standing on those concrete floors are very tough on the legs.