View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 06:14 PM
Mike

Default What Rob said

Hey Ken,

I think Rob pretty much covers it. Previous survey numbers have them as pretty scarce/low-pop, but no one really seems to care ... in the same way that no one gives two hoots for the anonymous back in the Recruit series either. Those are on par difficulty-wise with the Napoleon-backed cards, but since they're all the same fronts, the only people that care are those putting full front/back runs together, either by player or team or position or a type set of backs, or ... whatever.

As for the backs, and valuations... its a tough call, primarily because there's a good bit of variation of difficulty within each class and back. No hard/fast rules
apply, per se. The Broadleaf class cards (Broadleaf, Cycle, Anon 25 backs, and the Anon 3 backs with the same 50 fronts) are harder (generally) than the Recruits, but the difference between, say, Mogridge and Benz in Broadleaf is significant. Cycles command a small premium as has been noted here before, likely due to the color, and (slight) scarcity difference. Within the recruit class, sure, Napoleon-backed cards are more difficult than the Recruits, but you;ll see ones that sit on eBay with BIN for a while, even with a fairly small multiplier for the back.

Whether or not its a good time to collect them or not is another question. Maybe some day, T207's will feel the love, but its been a while. Caertain cards seem to do well, and certain backs have some following, but T207s generally plod along, and there's not any real sign that they'll pick up any time soon. Maybe that means it *is* a good time to buy them, don't know.

Am I pessimistic? Sure thing. After buying as a "collector", thinking about the likely loss when divesting leaves me a little cold... sure won't be going out Gangnam style.

Hey Rob - hope you're well.

--
Mike

Last edited by frohme; 08-15-2015 at 06:20 PM. Reason: finish post