View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 02:17 PM
Bob C.

JC - Good points, don't disagree.

Gary - What you're saying kind of goes along with what I was maybe thinking that there was just so much all at once, and that that may have a downward impact on many bids.

The fact that many of these items were so rare/unique does kind of dovetail in with the notion that because of all the other auctions and the National all just having taken place in the couple weeks prior to Leon's auction, bidders may have already spent quite a bit more than expected. And because of that, they may not have gone as high as they would have otherwise for these various rare/unique items. Or they may have decided to just focus on a few lots instead of bidding on many more, which would also tend to have an overall dampening effect on the final prices realized overall. I think it is simple human nature that had there not been other major auctions say for a month or two leading up to Leon's auction, there would have been a lot more activity and stronger prices on at least some of these rare/unique items. Just my opinion. All in all, Leon did very well from where I'm sitting and has to be happy. It will be interesting to see if any items come back into the market within say the next year, and how they do. Only time will tell...........