Thread: Is it just me?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 05:59 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan View Post
playing devil's advocate here but who says the guy is a dealer? Maybe he's just a collector looking to to get the best possible price for his card. If that's the case repeat business is less of a factor.

I bet though if the card was valued at $10k he'd think twice about declining a counter of $9500
I have no problem with someone trying to get the most he can for a card. He could have asked $125, or 150, assuming this was listed around $100.

I have a problem with someone declining, or auto-declining 95% of an asking price. Why even accept an offer in the first place?

People are free to list and sell their cards however they want. This practice is, in my opinion, completely rude, and I would spend my money elsewhere had this happened to me.

And yes AJ, I would expect anyone with a card listed for 10k OBO to accept 9,500. I would also expect a seller who listed a card for $10 OBO to accept $9.50