View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 07:29 PM
Bill Gregory

Mets have a young catcher named Travis D'Arnaud that I am very high on. You guys know about him, but I don't think he's become well known across the Majors yet. He's about to. The guy can flat hit. .296 with 11 HR and 38 RBI in under 190 ABs. I don't need to tell you guys how hot that would be across a whole season. That's really sexy production from the catcher position.

I think you guys are a team very much on the rise. I see a World Series appearance within the next two years. If your rotation can stay healthy, a 5 man of Harvey, Syndergaard, Matz, DeGrom and Wheeler...../shudder. No thank you. I wouldn't want to face them.

Seeing as how this is a baseball card forum, I thought I'd share a couple of my Mets rookie autos. I apologize, these are old pictures. I need to re-scan them with better color settings, and without the one touches.

And one more Wheeler. I hope this guy rebounds from TJ. I am so high on this young man.

Most teams are happy to have one staff ace if they can get them. The Mets truly have a five man rotation where any of them could be a staff ace-type pitcher. Harvey already is. The rest are headed that way. With Cespedes now a Met, it's frightening how good your team could be. The 80s are back in New York.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.