View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 07:32 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealme View Post
I've always been somewhat curious about it, and this seems like a reasonable place to post this question. How regional was the distribution of T206s ?
Ted referenced Middletown, OH as the production location for Polar Bear. It seems reasonable to infer that cards issued with Polar Bear backs would have been much more prevalent in the Midwest. Is this actually the case, or did ATC make their various brands (specifically Piedmont and Sweet Cap) available throughout the country?

Along the same lines, how far west were T206s distributed? Obviously the eastern part of the country was far more settled and industrialized than the west in the 1909-1911 time-frame. Put another way, if I stop at a garage sale or flea market when visiting the Denver area, is it even worth looking?

I've found this to be a very interesting thread, especially the modern-day pics of older production facilities. Thanks to those that have posted.

Mark

Hi Mark

A very good question.
Although the following may be anecdotal, here are my experiences acquiring (or being involved in) original T206 collections during the past 35 years.

South Carolina...........400+ assorted all PIEDMONT cards, including 29 - OLD MILL Southern Leaguers

Atlanta, Georgia.........285 assorted all PIEDMONT cards

Pennsylvania..............220 different SOVEREIGN cards

Other T206 original finds......

Baltimore, MD............750 cards

Upstate New York......300+ different SOVEREIGN cards

St Louis......................43 - DRUM cards

Northern California.....184 - EPDG and OLD MILL cards

Maine.........................1000+ Tobacco cards

These quickly pop into my mind........but, there are many more

TED Z