View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 06:45 AM
Jeff P

Great snag! It's always cool to find something for a good price and things are often misclassified on ebay.

jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBesse27 View Post
I know a lot of you are still getting to know me. I introduced myself by way of a thread showing most of my Gino Cappelletti collection. Well I also collect HOF lineman John Hannah. Here is a link to my PSA master set, right now in its very early stages:

http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistr....aspx?s=199048

Two years before his '74 Topps rookie card, Hannah was included in a deck of playing cards put out by the U of Alabama. To me, this is the #1 Hannah card to get, a really cool pre-rookie. In the master composite, it's given 5.0 weighting, equal to his Topps RC and the '77 Topps Mexican. However, a quick perusal of the PSA pop report plus 6 months of scouring eBay and other websites all make it pretty clear that his '72 Bama playing card is much tougher to locate than the other 2. There are a grand total of 3 PSA graded copies of the card.... for now. Soon there will be a 4th; I got this in the mail today:

Besides the Hannah, the other key card is of his legendary coach, Bear Bryant. Both of these will be in the mail on Monday, to eventually land at PSA.

I'm really excited about this purchase!! It came from an amateurish listing, ending on a Wednesday afternoon, that neither showed nor mentioned the Hannah. I won it for about 15% of my snipe. STEAL!!