View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 02:05 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
You still manage to miss the point. Exactly right you knew there was a stamp, choose to not look into it. FBI takes your card for review and notifies you of potential issues. You say....ehhh no biggie and move on. Then you list the card for sale a year later with no research into this erased stamp. Then after it's up for sale folks who don't own the card are able to take scans and in a matter of minutes figure out it's from the NYPL. Yet somehow you couldn't do this owning the card and knowing of the issue for over a year?

Yes I had the audacity to ask and still ask. Is this what a person does who is so called so instrumental in fighting hobby fraud? You even admit to me in a PM this was a really bad call on your part.

So because I refuse to take the narrative that you were so willing to do the right thing to return this card all along. Because I see the ugly mess that it really was and think folks should remember this regardless of the very positive final outcome. For these reasons I'm an evil person. Makes perfect sense.

If this was any other collector with the above set of circumstances there would be a different tone in these threads. The main reason you see so few folks being vocal here is the fear of having the moderator ban them.

It's not that you had a stolen card could happen to any of us, it's not the final outcome which was great Leon. It's how you handled the stuff between the start and the finish line that's the issue and that you seem to take no real ownership of....short of it's everyone else's fault and any who dare disagree with the way it was handled are simply on a witch hunt.

John
Wrong. No need to address it again.

Last edited by Leon; 10-21-2015 at 02:44 PM.