View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 11:20 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCarrollArt View Post
I probably cut a few when I first started, but I have been placing the Wallachs aside for the Wallach guy for the last 4-5 years. I'm probably up to about 200-250 cards in the stack, and I'll send them out once feel like I have run across all I have. I like reading about off-beaten projects like this, regardless of how impossible they are.

I'm actually surprised there are not more collectors like the OP going after as many copies of a single card of a family member, etc. With so many players making the majors and only having 1-2 cards, I would think family hoarders would be more prevalent. I know there were a couple of guys in the early 2000's going after every 2002 Prince Fielder UD Prospect Premieres Autographs, and there was one collector trying to land every copy of a specific Mark Teixeira serial numbered rookie. I believe that guy had over 100 of the 750 copies printed, and that was over a decade ago. I wonder if he kept going, and if so...what % of the population does he now own?

Tim

TIm:

On Mark Teixeira: I believe there are 2 super collectors (one of which I know in the DFW area and I see him about 3-4 times a year) and their dedication is fascinating.

Way back in the day -- there was a collector who chased after a strang specific serial # for each card (and this wsa the days of 10K runs); today it would be far different