View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 12:25 PM
Justin Burleson

Default eBay's Review Feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcornell View Post
I left a "review" for the card and noted that it's a fake. The seller is clearly a Bad Person Who Lies A Lot.

This review feature would be a handy way to identify fakes, but I see that eBay doesn't make it available for all items. You can bet that the sellers will complain about bad reviews and eBay will end up scrapping it, since they hate aggravation more than anything else...
Hey Bill,

I felt like I should point out that a "review" on eBay doesn't just apply to the specific listing. It's part of eBay's catalog so it will pop up on all items that use the catalog entry. It's particularly useful for books or something like that, but reviews specific to the card or seller are going to show up on other listings that use eBay's catalog.

For example, this perfectly fine '53T Mantle PSA 3, but the listing is pulling up a review which was made in February to point out a fake. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1953-Topps-8...wo6lWKZWI#rwid

Just wanted to point out that the review feature probably should not be used this way, as it could have an adverse effect on future listings of genuine cards and honest sellers.

Justin (Burl) Burleson

Last edited by jburl; 10-23-2015 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Added missing word.