View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 01:50 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDice View Post
almostdone - Griffey did a few shows when he first was called up then he became an exclusive with Upper Deck. A few years ago he signed a bunch of pieces for Mill Creek Sports Cards (I don't think they allowed fans to send items in for the signing but I could be wrong).

Personally I don't see him ever doing a public signing. Like so many modern players, he made so much money playing it doesn't make a lot of financial sense for him to go on the autograph circuit. I would imagine that after he gets elected into the Hall of Fame another private signing will take place with prices being at Steiner Jeter level.

I got him in person for free this summer at a charity event. It was one per person and even then you could tell he was pissed to sign. You got what you got. You didn't dare ask for a specific location or an inscription.
I was lucky enough to get Griffey in '90 at a show in Boston. I happened to have ticket #31 and I was RIGHT at the door to Griffey when they called ticket #'s 1-50! I was the first in line and got an awesome auto...still have it!