View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 09:55 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Default Personal Grail Blues ? Vintage or modern

Hey , I recently was married had kids I really started to get back in the hobby . Now obviously with a low budget . So since I was a kid I've wanted one card . I tried an failed a lot . It started when I was about 9 years old maybe 10 . Before I collected cards I was a baseball fan . I didn't have a favorite team even just a ton of players I liked . I would ask my grandfather about baseball when he was young . He was a Brooklyn Dodger fan and when they left town he gave up on baseball all together . But when asked who was the best player he ever seen play ball . He said with out a doubt it was Willie mays he went on to express his love for Duke snider and an honorable mention of mantle . But even as a Dodger fan Mays was head and heals better then anything he ever seen . He also got to meet him and said he was a sharp man and always ha a smile on his face .

So when I got in to cards I wanted a willie mays card . I got a1966 topps card and loved it . The dealers at the show told my if I wanted a mays card to shoot for 1952 Topps mays . And for years that was what I needed . Life went on school , girls , friends , family , etc . But I always kept my love for the hobby and my grail changed to the 1951 Bowman mays when I turned in to a Rookie card collector . I saved and sold thing and achieved my GRAIL . BUT NOW I FEEL A BIT EMPTY ! I feel as if my focus is gone . Has this happened to anybody else and what helped if anything ???????