View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 05:23 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiemonster View Post
BUT NOW I FEEL A BIT EMPTY ! I feel as if my focus is gone . Has this happened to anybody else and what helped if anything ???????
I can't say I've been in the same boat as far as collecting. I have thought, every now and then, about selling "everything" and then the feeling slips away (pretty quickly too). Once I decided what to collect, mainly Brooks Robinson and some unique O's items, I really never lost the focus; it's just what I enjoy. There's not just one item to find, there are quite a few; it's just a matter of can I afford the particular piece at the time or trying to find items that I know are out there. I think sometimes the hunt is just as fun or even more fun than the acquisition itself.

There are so many things to collect I would say to collect what you enjoy the most. If it's Mays, collect Mays. As some have stated get some other Mays items, or a variety of players and have an area to display you're collection. There's several threads showing forum members collections; very cool by the way. Also there are threads that show different player collections, like Aaron, Brock, etc. Even though I don't collect those particular players it's fun to see their pickups and you can appreciate the collection for what it is.

Main thing if it's not fun then it's not much of a hobby. Hobbies should be fun!