View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 12:09 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
If some ink color runs low during a run you can get differences. The 82 Blackless cards can be found with black, no black and in between gray. In the 89 and 85 sets have all number of color variances in the team or name banners. I think colors may vary some series to series in a set. There are some legendary color difference backgrounds in the 52 set. Pick any card and search it closely for a month on eBay and my guess is you will find some differences somewhere
Colors can vary greatly from card to card. I call this the tint to the color. I have seen what I call slime ball sellers look through for an example 20 1991 Topps Wade Boggs cards and find the 2 with the most color variation and list them on eBay as a real variation for a huge premium.

By dull for faded cards the color looks less glossy kind of like the regular Topps compared to the Venezuelan cards only one or more colors will be lighter colored also. Hope this makes sense, it is easy to explain in person with a few examples in hand.