View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 10:39 PM
Steven Finley

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
I am not going to say that I am working on these sets, because there are always those near impossible cards that I won't/can't afford, but I pick up as many different as I can find from:

1956 Topps
1961 Topps
1967 Topps
1978 Topps

78 is probably my closest set, having been my first exposure to cards in general too. Munson would keep me from 100%, even if I could find the rest. I can't even close out my favorite team set that year though thanks to a stingy signing Ed Goodson!

1956 would be my favorite set, but too many high dollar cards keeping me well from completion.
I was this close to convincing myself to start the 56 set in earnest because there were both Jackie Robinson and Clemente signed examples on eBay (still are I believe) but I'm married and would like to stay married for now. 78 is funny because even though I'm not "working" it, it's probably the farthest along I am with a set from the lots I've picked up over the past few months. No toughies, but if you shoot me a need list sometime I check and see if I have anything you need.

Last edited by sbfinley; 11-12-2015 at 10:39 PM.