View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 06:56 AM
J Stone

I've been working on 1990 Leaf and 1992 Fleer Ultra baseball sets, and 1992-93 Upper Deck Hockey set since they came out. I'm down to 90 in the Leaf, 150 in the Ultra, and 43 in the Upper Deck. I'm considering ending the quest for several reasons, the foremost being I can't afford the cost of the guys I need that don't sign TTM and in the case of the Leaf, it will never be complete as Kelly Gruber won't sign his card from that year (he's wonderful in person and a very willing signer with a great autograph, but he just won't sign that card).

The Upper Deck hockey set has a few dozen European players I'd have a lot of trouble trying to track down and I need a couple of Rangers who are under contract with Steiner and I'm not going to pay those prices.

Despite all this it is a very challenging and fun quest, and I hold in very high esteeem those who have managed to complete even one small signed set, let alone a massive project like a Topps set.

Anybody who can help me with any of these sets please PM me and I'll forward my want list.