View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 03:30 PM
John

Awesome! Thanks Kin. Reading this quote got me excited: "The series explains how Green Bay followed Portsmouth's example of selling shares to fans to fund the team, but Green Bay survived the Great Depression while Portsmouth did not." I think most people think the Packers did the public ownership thing first. I even read once where someone said the Spartans should have done what GB did. They did - it just isn't well known.

Spartans, Jim Thorpe, Fritz Pollard, Ironton Tanks, Knute Rockne since he played for Massillon, wow... Also noticed Chris Willis who has written several books on this topic is quoted in the clip and the article, but it isn't clear who produced this - I'm actually guessing NFL films wasn't involved. I'd be interested to know who was. This reminded me I caught the tail end of a piece about Jim Thorpe on NPR a few months ago - now I'm thinking it may not be a coincidence with this documentary coming out. It looks great.

I don't have Time Warner though - please keep us updated if there is any other way to watch this.

Last edited by TanksAndSpartans; 11-14-2015 at 03:45 PM.