View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 04:32 PM
J0hn Collin$

I will join those in the minority and say that I feel '58 gets far less love than it should. I can see it getting the votes for worst simply because the competition was so stiff with so many good sets in the '50's, but I for one really like '58. Even though it was 30 years later, I apparently had a lot of them as a kid, including a white letter Aaron that is one of my all-time favorite cards. They may have been unimaginative, but they were colorful and in most cases pretty cards. (Most imaginative set of the '50s goes to 1955 Bowman, if my vote counts...) As for the condition issues, take your pick. The backgrounds on some '58's may look "dirty", but for as much praise as the '57's get on their color photography - their backgrounds are so often riddled with print issues and the "snow" problem - far more than the '58's are. While collecting today, I often appreciate that I can pickup '58 stars in some cases for far less than a '56 or '57 card of the same player would go for. Let's hear it for 1958 Topps!!!

Last edited by jchcollins; 12-02-2015 at 04:33 PM.