View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 07:38 AM
Todd Jenkins

I am partial to the 57 set as being the best and the 58 probably my least favorite but like most who have posted here, I really like all the 50 designs. I love the pure photo design of the 57s and I am not extremely fond of the 58 color backgrounds mainly because I have always liked to see photo backgrounds to see the stadiums, other players or fans in the background and the 57 (also the 67 and 73) set is great for that, it's just a better experience for me personally. I often times wonder if older collectors say, "Hey, that is me in the background, I was at that game!" The 57 Mantle "ghost card" where you can see the person Topps tried to airbrush out is a super cool card as is the reverse negative of Hank Aaron. The 58 basically had nothing but a solid color background. That's just my opinion but that is why we collect, right? We all have different likes!

[https://www.flickr.com/photos/187700522@N03/

Recent positve trades with: Brian Van Horn, frank bmd, nkesterke09, ajg, esehombre, mrmantlecollector, KC Doughboy, gregr2,bn2cardz, sycks22

Last edited by tjenkins; 12-04-2015 at 09:18 AM.