View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 12:26 AM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

love all the bowmans as well.

high graded mantles have always done well but as for the above mentioned 4/4.5s and all lower grades:

no statistician here but w/ the 52t outta sight, i expect to see the lower grade 51b's start to take precedence as the "achievable goal". once they exit the orbit then we'll see the shift towards post 52 cards. of course, the other 52 card suffers from middle child syndrome. he's got big brother topps and lil baby 51b to compete with. 52b just kinda get's lost in the shuffle and its a shame, as she's a gorgeous card!

i am only talking the lower graded and somewhat obtainable ones....as matt said, it's simple supply and demand and demand is through the roof right now. all of these record prices and news coverages and headlines are bringing in more eyes. there's gold in them there man-tle's

it's good for certain reasons, bad for others.

in the end, it is what it is. seeing a sketchy 4.5 reach nearly $8K and reading about another sgc doing the same is utterly eye opening to me. just wish i woulda snagged up a few more examples which i'm sure rings true w/ the rest of the collecting world...

you kick me, i'll kick you?

Last edited by begsu1013; 12-14-2015 at 12:40 AM.