View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 10:45 PM
Joe Gonsowski

Default Favorite 2015 Pick-Ups (Year in Review)

A couple threads have been resurrected and started that don't catch the essence of our annual "favorite pick-ups of 2015". Feel free to post your favorite pick-ups of the year regardless of whether it was a goal at start of year, an impulse buy, result of scope change, etc. I'll start with some Goodwin & Co. glass plate negatives that Saco River Auction brought to market this past January.

Here are a couple Stump Weidman negatives that were used to issue the 1887 OJs with Detroit and then modified in 1888 to show his team change (New York).

I also acquired a couple of 1888 negatives of Bobby Mathews batting which together show the earliest images I'm aware of the Hillerich bat with a stamp that was previously unknown (the negatives have amazing clarity not captured in following scan):

J F HILLERICH & SON
216 FIRST ST.
LOUISVILLE, KY.

And last, but certainly not least, an N173 brown mount of Sam Thompson courtesy a trade with Jay Miller.

- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers