View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 01:50 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalman View Post
guess need to be more specific as to which cards you think investors don't care about market pricing...easy just to say 'truly desirable.' list the specific cards or else the comment doesn't really matter or make sense until know exactly what cards you are talking about

and FYI im not bidding on the 1952 mantles or cards they seem to be making new market highs every big name auction....
My comment about "truly desirable cards" is clearly a generality, but doesn't require specificity to "matter" or "make sense" to most. After all, just looking at the collecting interests of this board, it is clear that what is "truly desirable" is extremely relative. Who would have thought someone would be willing to pay $6200 for a PSA 6 Home Run Baker? But it happened.

To each their own. Everyone has a different approach. Whatever makes you happy.[/QUOTE]

-----

right there are records highs like the baker but I have seen some record lows as well on some cards.....I really don't think you need to worry about 'record highs' on this auction for 90% of the cards listed...that's why if you can nab the right bidding slot early its great....if someone wants to pay a record high great for them and maybe in the long run its actually a really cheap price but there are a lot less 'truly desirable' cards out there when you break it down in my humble opinion... and no a psa 6 Baker in which all of the bidding above market price was by two bidders is not a 'truly desirable card' imo.. but if there are new sales since then to show otherwise than my bad..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 12-26-2015 at 01:53 PM.