View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 03:35 PM
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
There's plenty of rare coins which aren't popular either. That wasn't my point though. We're talking about blue chip items from cards and coins, not something that "nobody wants". In fact, there's not a gold coin in existence that "nobody wants".

I'm just pointing out what an over priced, over hyped, poor "value" the 52 Topps is. As someone pointed out earlier in the thread, the 51 Bowman is a much better card for your money and is actually his rookie card, unlike the 52 Topps.
Overhyped my ass. What's the definition of that anyway, pray tell? More like it is what it is, which is something that many find desirable and iconic, a standard bearer of their hobby for over three decades now. And will always be so.

And who are you to determine what's a "value" or "better" for another's money? I could buy a 52 Topps Mick today, and if I've gotten enjoyment and happiness for my money, that's "value" to me. It's also specious to pit his 51 against his 52 as if they're locked in some asinine competition. They are both fantastic baseball cards, and I'd venture the collector who likes one likes the other.

Last edited by MattyC; 12-27-2015 at 03:39 PM.