View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 11:28 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldphil View Post
Recently, for reasons which I will not go into, I carefully broke out 5 T205s from their PSA holders. Three of the 5 were HOFers, one was a common, and one was a scarce common. Four of the 5 were graded PSA 7, and one was a PSA 8. None of the 5 cards came back with their prior grades. The PSA 8 came back with "evidence of trimming", as did one of the PSA 7's. Two of the PSA 7's came back as PSA 6, and one of the PSA 7's came back as a PSA 5.5. I really don't care if a TPG is viewed as tough or easy, but that they are consistent. If you don't have consistency, what do you have? I feel that in this instance the TPG failed miserably. I am not posting this to evoke any sympathy because that does no one any good. Happy New Year everyone!
It is general consensus they are much tougher these days. Not surprised at all on the 8 just as a general matter, as I am pretty skeptical of any prewar card in that high a holder, much less a T205. Plus, even if it is legit, in the current environment they seem afraid to grade stuff, or so I have heard from a few people.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 01-10-2016 at 11:52 AM.