View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 11:36 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canofcorn View Post
Thanks for posting this thread Matty. I actually feel vindicated in a way, becuuse I held firm on my offers and people were beating me up because it's in an SGC holder and not PSA. I almost started to believe it. In a weird way I feel like my card gained $10k in value because of this auction. Yes, each auction is different and that card was a little nicer, but if I was thinking $30k, there is no reason mine can't be $40k..still $14k less expensive. And trending up, up, and away.

As Johnny Drama said in Entourage....VICTORY!!
like you said each auction is different if you are considering selling a 20k+ card..why not pay the 500 or whatever to get it into a PSA holder....the only way I think SGCs get top dollar on occasion is in the open auction market where there is real risk..unless there is a hidden reserve......even if PSA doesn't agree with the grade and you get it back..so what is 500 bucks for a card that has gone up 10k in your opinion that's not a horrible risk

it real tough to get top of market value on direct deals on SGC cards in my humble opinion but sometimes that same person that offers you 20k will pay 25k in an auction setting...or if its a PSA card you have a better chance to set a new market record in a direct offer.... but I just talking generally and my opinion only

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 01-31-2016 at 11:37 AM.