View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 11:28 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Default photomatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
There are things on the card side we look for too. For me it's big borders because there is less likeliness of them being trimmed. If I collected autographs it would be on official docs and if I collected GU it would have to all be photo matched.
In this day of age of countless AHs where the buck comes before integrity, you would have to go with a spot on photograph as a LOA. It's my belief the AH do not care whether an item is game worn but the perception of it being game worn is all that matters. In the early days of collecting game used the chance of getting a legit game worn item was good as long as spec's were correct. Today, spec's are known by everybody and duplicated (although not with accuracy) even the common players are forged. IMO the very historical items are not going to appear in a AH. More than likely a private sale if it ever even enters market...few do. Collectors of Very vintage and historical game worn jerseys definitely need to do the research and always take that "let the buyers beware" stance. Its unfortunate but an education in this hobby is expensive and learnt the hard way.