View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 10:01 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
Back to the topic of Brad, Blake, Brock, Bob... whoever it is "O", I did a quick scan over on Football Reference and saw that you'd have to go back to 1980 to find a SB winning team who's QB's had a negative TD to INT differential.

It's pretty amazing what this team was able to accomplish almost entirely with its defense (I am not a Bronco fan). It is even more so when contrasted with the video game/FFL dream offensive numbers they put up 2 years ago before getting smacked by the Seahawks. Elway and Co got it done.
Elway completely revamped that defense. I'm certainly no Broncos fan, either (especially considering they're the only team to beat Green Bay in the Super Bowl), but I have to give credit to the organization. Now, the task becomes keeping the Broncos as an elite team. They've spent a lot of money, and it's going to hit them cap-wise, soon.

The Panthers should be ok. Newton had a terrible game, but he also didn't get much help from his receivers. While he overthrew at least three of his wide outs, they also had to contend with two or three drops I can think of. He's got all the tools, he just needs to mature a bit. They have a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball, but they need a good, solid possession receiver.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.