View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 10:18 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
Elway completely revamped that defense. I'm certainly no Broncos fan, either (especially considering they're the only team to beat Green Bay in the Super Bowl), but I have to give credit to the organization. Now, the task becomes keeping the Broncos as an elite team. They've spent a lot of money, and it's going to hit them cap-wise, soon.

The Panthers should be ok. Newton had a terrible game, but he also didn't get much help from his receivers. While he overthrew at least three of his wide outs, they also had to contend with two or three drops I can think of. He's got all the tools, he just needs to mature a bit. They have a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball, but they need a good, solid possession receiver.
I'm with you re- Broncs, though never had the angst of a SB loss. Niners took them down 55-10!! Elway always bugged me in his younger days though.. but I totally respect how he's molded this team. He got close via incredible O, saw the team's vulnerable areas, and went all in the solidify his D.

Re- Newton, he used to really bug me for many of the reasons he bugged others, but he slowly won me over this year. I agree with you in regards to his outward persona though. He's amazing and charismatic when he's on top, but he give him some adversity and he goes into the gutter. You don't ever need to like/accept losing, but as a QB you need to show your teammates character/leadership after a loss... and you especially need do so for your teammates during a game in which you still have a chance!!! (dive for the fumble man!)!!

That stat they showed where Carolina hadn't trailed a minute during the postseason just seemed like a bad omen. It's good to trail, get beaten up a little and fight your way back. I hope he grows up a bit after this loos, and hope he gets another chance down the road.

As is, congrats Broncos and Bronco fans