View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 08:36 AM
Mike Dugan

I agree, the league spends every possible opportunity marketing its' current "self."

George Will's Sunday column was pretty hard hitting and I am sad to say that I was unaware of Kenny Stabler's struggles until his daughter released her statement.

Sad to hear that the man behind the great NFL Films' music Sam Spence passed away Saturday. I feel that his work was a big part of NFL Films' success. Of course the league never really seemed to appreciate NFL Films until they tried to take it over completely.

I have been catching pieces from all over the country the past few years on the current crop of college athletic directors and the empire building that is going on these days that seems to leave many of their past heroes behind. Unless they have become very successful and contribute heavily to the program they are being ignored. That is really sad, they gave all they had for their schools while this new breed of AD is just looking for dollars.

I had a friend nudge me at a game last year as he pointed out the flock of assistant/associate ADs working a room with cell phones in hand matching up photos and bios (probably bank accounts too) of people in the room before they went over to shake hands and back slap.