View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 07:29 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Finally, someone agrees!!! I have to laugh at all the people who have visited this thread and said it's not Dick Williams. I am very close to 100% sure it is him, but the naysayers will continue to pile on. I just don't get it.

It's also important to note that the cards aren't actual photographs, they are artistic interpretations of photographs, so they aren't perfect likenesses of the players, but they are very close. It's plain as day to me that the Herman card features the same person in the Williams card. All the features of his face, (except for a bit of pudginess, which could simply be the result of the photo being taken from a bad angle from below his face), eyes, ears, mouth, hair, chin, etc. point to Williams. And that smile and general appearance of a very happy person is quite consistent between the two pics. Plus, most of us were familiar with Dick WIlliams in the 70's, so we have a great sense of what he really looked like (albeit a bit older).
Well, I never said one way or the other that you were wrong, I just wasn't sure, based on what I said prior, that this likely would have been documented somewhere before?

The more I look the more confused I get if both are Williams, or if that is in fact actually Herman in the pic/card I posted?

Not sure where this is going to go, but I must say, if in fact both are Williams, this must be one of the biggest error cards ever produced.