View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 08:59 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
As a lawyer, I endure daily comments, from friends, family, and complete strangers about what a sleazy profession. I am sure there have been dozens of sleazy lawyers comments in this thread alone. I guess I've gotten immune to such nonsense.

Wrong to disparage an entire profession obviously based on the actions of a few knuckleheads.
I really don't see any reason to apologize. You pointed out some basic truths on how certain occupations 'stretch the truth' (for lack of a better description). You never once indicated that ALL were guilty in each profession of such 'crimes'. And there is truth to what you said that this DOES happen in each profession.

I do find it interesting that those who teach or have taught were the most vocal in taking offense. Maybe, and as it relates to the thread, they other professions are silent here because they are the ones writing the tickets and using old fish.

And to someone's comment on "certainly not college professors", I'm hoping that was tongue-in-cheek or included rolling eyes.