View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 10:15 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I can't believe that is even a serious question. Seriously...if a car dealer makes a mistake and lists a $25,000 for $15,000, do you SERIOUSLY think they have any obligation to honor that sale?????? Only on Ebay and only on baseball cards, are sellers supposed to honor obvious mistakes. What a crock.
Bobby, Packs makes a great point here. Why does the seller get a free pass on a mistake, but buyers are expected to honor their winning bid on a mistake?

The OP claims that he bought 4 cards. Unless I overlooked it, only 1 of the cards have been identified - 1952 Topps Frank House error card for $7.95. Search eBay completed listings and you'll see $7.95 is probably an average price for this card (regular card, not the error).

I have to agree with the OP on this one. He basically claims that the seller didn't know it was an error card (and priced as a regular common) when it was listed, and only discovered it was an error card after he purchased it and used the 'pricing error' excuse not to sell it for the BIN price.

I would like to see a link to the original auction. If there is no mention of it being an error card in the original auction, then the OP is absolutely right on this one. If there is mention of it being an error card, but priced at $7.95, then the seller is right on this one in that it was a pricing error.

Link to auction??? (I searched completed listings and couldn't find it).