View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 09:01 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I was going to ask you last night in another thread if you won the lottery, LOL. (j/k none of my business)

I am also somewhat like you, I am fairly new here, trying to learn as much as possible, etc, and hoping to collect some for the joy but also in hopes to return a profit in order to help my son get through college or university. (If I have to?) If I don't, then I hope to turn my collection over to him someday.

Being in Canada, with the current exchange rate, shipping etc, makes it difficult for me to say the least. That, and trying to convince my wife that I am investing and not just blowing money is tough too.

I just received two very low cost cards I purchased through e-bay ($5 and the other around $12) but the shipping/import killed the fact I got them cheap.

Not sure my path forward at this point as I'd still like to collect/purchase, but based on what I can afford and the time it will take to at least break even, when you factor in the exchange, shipping, duty, I think I'm in a uphill battle?

I am grateful and very lucky to have received the cards I have from my Father, so I guess I should just be happy with that, and hopefully, like I mentioned, someday pass them onto my son.

I will still continue to be on this site, and hopefully I can purchase from here rather than the other avenues in hopes it will save me some money, but if not, then, like I mentioned, I will just enjoy the cards I do have and be happy with that.

Thanks for your story, and good luck in your quest.
Thank you for YOUR story! I love hearing stuff like that. At the end of the day I feel like we are all one in the same hobby trying to achieve similar goals for the most part. I wish you the absolute best in your journey!