View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 06:06 PM
Luke Lyon

Greg, I agree. I wish the holders were slim like my #3 example, but with the frosted plastic, rather than the baggie.

Derek, good question. I favored SGC for a long time for T206s, but right now I can't decide which I prefer.

The main thing PSA has going for them is that you know the card is going to be protected, and not slide around in the holder. With SGC, you hope that the card will not slide around.

I do agree that the black holder looks better, but you have to be really careful not to scratch the cases because they scratch very easily. You can put the holder in a plastic sleeve, but that is one more layer of plastic between the card and your eye, and I don't like the way it looks.

Another factor is that PSA cards sell for more in the same grade. After submitting to both recently, I think that might not matter as much as some people think. PSA is grading a lot tougher than SGC these days. A PSA 3.5 might be an SGC 60 in some cases. I think there is about a one grade gap between the two companies on average.