View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 10:03 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Hi Guys:

Since I started this thread I wanted to comment on a few things said above by others.

Steve: I think you are correct that authenticators should increase their learning. It is best for the hobby and those that need/want authentication services. However, as Greg said, my friend bought this at auction based on JSA saying it was legit. Seems to me once a LOA is issued they should stand behind it in one form or another.

Greg: interesting question if JSA knew they authenticated it before. I have reached out to REA for an answer to that question. I know I left the original LOA with the Robinson PC with REA. I will be interested to find out the answer.

Wayne: I don't think it would be honest for my friend to consign it with the original auction house knowing that JSA now says it is not legit. Others should not have to go through what he is going through.

Curious if anyone has consigned an items with a LOA and also notes in the description that a later examination of the same item by the same authenticator now does not think it authentic. What would buyers think?

Would an auction house with ties to JSA even list an item this way where it sort of throws egg on the face of JSA? Just wondering.