View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 06:58 PM

Default Hi All!

I have been very busy with work so can't get on as often as I would like.

First of all, I need to thank a T206 Board Brother here for sending me a sweet looking mc T206 today. It is awesome and you rock!

I commend my T206 brothers for doing T206 research and trying to piece this card together. We need more to jump on the research band wagon so that sheet layout possibly one day will come to fruition. Once I feel that a good amount of guys are on board; I will continue to release little scans of the card as we go. This should be fun!! Don't get your hopes up too high but it is ok to dream.

From this date forward, I will call my gggggggrandfather simply grandfather to save bandwidth.

Many laugh at my grandfather and make fun of him because they think that he was making a mockery of the game. I know deep inside otherwise though that he was as serious as heck. My mom tells me that her mom told her that he wanted to play every day and when he came home after a home game; grams would ask him if he played today and his reply was always the same; "No but that's alright ma; its all about the team and we are winning".

Did my grandfather know that people were making fun of him? He sure did and he loved it. It was his way of making his team relax so that they could excel.

Don't know whether a story is true that he played in the minors in 1909 and 1910. Still trying to research that.

I mean why shouldn't he have a T206 if he did play in 1909 and 1910? I mean, jeez, there are minor leaguers in the T206 set too.

My 1909 T206 Tracker of Unknown Subjects seems to be endless. I'm still researching it and am barely through my 1909 traded spreadsheet. From my spreadsheet I looked at the top players with A and B in their last name and there are still more B's. Players not found on a T206 (YET) to the likenesss of: Filipino Dave Altizer, Jimmy Archer, Jimmy "Pepper" Austin, Chick Autry, Scotty Barr, Cuke Barrows, Heinie Beckendorf, Harry Bemis, Walter "Heavy" Blair, Coonie Blank, Cliff Blankenship and on and on and on...

...and you say there are no other T206?

Keith O. proved that wrong when he landed some unknown Southern Leaguers a while back. I think there are more Brown Hindu's

Take care Charlie

Last edited by Charlie Faust III; 04-05-2016 at 07:06 PM.