View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 12:14 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
I get it. You guys are deslers and you guys are friends with Kevin. I fully understand that you're defending him and all dealers. However, I was just wondering how a person so highly respected in the hobby can offer prices that are not competitive. That is my only question. I am sorry if I insulted anyone.
Insulted? Where did you get that? And I don't see any defense of Kevin or "all dealers" in our responses. Where did you find those, exactly? The real question is: what's YOUR point? All collectors find what they perceive to be overpriced items everywhere they turn. Ebay, Online stores, shows, auctions, etc. So you don't buy them, simple as that. Have you ever told a dealer at a show that his stuff is overpriced? I didn't think so. Why bother? It's his business. I'm not an autograph guy, so I can't speak to Kevin's prices specifically, but I will tell you this. He's been the biggest vintage sports autograph dealer in the country for many years, and probably the most successful in dollar volume. I set up with him at the National each year, and he's swamped doing business from beginning to end. As for his website, he's had a full-time employee whose only job is handling that part of the operation for the last 25 years, so I'm guessing that does pretty well, too. I have this suggestion for you: give Kevin a call. He loves to talk about every aspect of the hobby, and he will be happy to explain anything you want to discuss, from hobby pricing in general to any individual autograph you might ask about. Maybe you'll both learn something.