View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 11:32 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
It is an interesting question, but there is another part that factors in.
I think the answer to your question is definitely yes, more tickets would be sold, but would the amount of money raised be enough to allow Graig to do the painting? This raffle is a way for someone interested in getting a painting from Graig get one for much less than the usual commission rate, but it is not a charity raffle like St Jude's or a mega-dream raffle like the powerball. Both of those raffles will proceed forward regardless of how many people buy tickets. If we don't reach 250 tickets @$20 per($5K), then there is no raffle. At $2 per chance, that would mean we would need to sell 2500 chances.
I am sure that more tickets would sell, but am not sure if it would reach that threshold.
My question actually is based on the fact that the $20 and up pool might be affected less negatively than what would be gained by a reduced ticket price, that would add attract people who value their $20 bills.

I'm quite sure that a million dollars worth of Powerball tickets are sold long before 10,000 Dream House tickets. The same goal is reached faster with the cheaper ticket in this example. The only way to know for sure would be try it, as I suggested (hi billy).

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 04-10-2016 at 11:37 AM.