View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 07:33 AM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I don't care much for his persona, as posted, but I don't buy the criticism of him as a basketball player. He won five championships. He was an intense competitor. on both ends of the floor. From what I saw, he looked to score first mainly because there were times when that made sense for the team because he was surrounded by mediocrity. Jordan was just as much in people's faces. He won six, Kobe won five, so what's the basis for saying Jordan was a great team player but Kobe wasn't?

How many more Championships would the Lakers have won/been in contention for, had Kobe been a team player? Just two more, and he'd have more than Jordan does.

I remember seeing/reading reports on ESPN where other players (free agents) basically refused to go to the Lakers because they didn't want to play alongside Kobe. They knew he was a ball-hog and only cared about himself.

Kobe kept the team from being able to sign the top talent. He's a huge factor in his teammates being mediocre.

Steve

Current Wantlist:
1909 Obak Howard (Los Angeles) (no frame on back)
1910 E90-2 Gibson, Hyatt, Maddox