View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 08:34 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
And just in the last couple of months, they've added a barcode with the number to the back of the label, so you can see the cert # while loading images into your online photo albums on their site.

So the card you graded was this year. The hologram is on the front, and the cert # is on the back. That's just a terrible grade for that card. Both top corners have spider creases, and then the whole top of the card looks like it has a crease, but is probably a shadow. Surface is also pretty scraped up. I would have guessed a 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
No, it was graded (or re-graded) this year, as the Cert # is from the 25XXXXX series, which my cards are also from. Here is another PSA 4(MK) from my group:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-Topps-B...IAAOSwAvJXAYbJ

Corners show edge wear, but not the creasing that the card in the OP does.
Wow!

I never would have guessed the card I posted was a recent graded card.

But, like what has been mentioned here numerous times, there are a lot of variables, such as the grader, the mood of the grader, the time of the day, etc, etc, etc.
I was going to send my cards in, or I was at least thinking about it, but I have been told, based on reviews of peeps looking at my cards/scans, that it likely isn't worth it as they didn't think my cards would grade any higher than a 2 with some, (very few) getting a 3.

I am no grader, obviously, but based on that one I posted, I would say, if mine were graded by the same guy on the same day, some of mine "should" at least get a 5 or 6 and maybe a rare few receiving 7's?

Anyways, I appreciate the info about the grading time frames. That is the purpose of this post, but I also learned, even more so, to judge the card not the slab/grade it comes in.

Last edited by irv; 04-05-2017 at 01:57 PM.