View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 08:06 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat View Post
Shipping is just part of the cost of the card. If the card is worth $X to you, you pay up to $X to have it. And part of having it is having it sent to you. Neither the buyer nor the seller should care what the shipping cost is. If you charge $40 for shipping buyers are just going to bid $(X-40) for it. How the cost is distributed between the card and the shipping charge really doesn't matter.

So no, don't leave negative feedback for high shipping charges. Just put in a lower bid than you would otherwise.
I can see it not really mattering much to the seller if he is selling cards but it does matter to the buyer and that is reflected in less purchases, or in my case, zero purchases from those who use Global shipping or have other high shipping fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmondobueno View Post
+1.

That's how I look at it. I have left negative or neutral feedback for shipping when costs are obviously skewed, such as failing to combine shipping, higher shipping costs for an item shipped relatively unprotected. I will say, in my comments, my bid reflects the cost of shipping.

On auction houses, especially those who charge for postage, supplies, handling, etc, I don't bid mch, if at all for many AH these days. In my prior life managing a profit center, many of these descriptive items are actually labor and material costs. I consider this no more than an attempt to increase profitability and, with the A H juice running up to 20%, any explanation is no more than justification for suckers. Just my two bucks worth, which is now $2.60 with S&H.

By the way, I make several purchases from shippers in Japan. Costs are all over the place, but several ship for under three bucks. Food for thought.
Imagine that!

Last edited by irv; 04-30-2016 at 08:07 PM.