View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 08:43 AM
C@rl P@rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball tourist View Post
Thanks for responses, ideas and comments everyone!

I have had some great chats/emails with Graig and really thought long and hard about my choices. In the end, I think that I will surprise a few of you - but pls understand that this image means a lot to me (I'll explain below).

It was down to Joe Carter, '93 WS HR "trot" OR Jose Bautista's emphatic bat flip, 2015 ALDS.

I've decided to go with Joey instead of Joe

I would be ecstatic with a Joe Carter image but when I look back at last season and how I had something to cheer about after over two decades of zero playoff baseball. I didn't miss a game (live or PVR) and despite a 4 hour flight, attended two regular season and two ALDS game and I was able to get into the fun with my daughter (she has a Bautista doll and at 8 months, could search for it by name - pls see photo below). Also included is a photo of my wife Katie with Millie and "friends" during the 2016 season opener (it was an early Sat in Calgary - pls excuse the PJs).

Even though it looks like Jose won't be re-signed at the end of this year (which I realize is a business decision, but like Carter, Alomar, Bell, Delgado etc, he deserves to have a place with the Jays greats) what he did while a Jay has been very special. Two HR titles, 54 bombs in 2010. Really the only star for a long while. I also have a modest Bautista player collection that this will go great with.

Carter's HR now, when looking back, seems like a cherry on top of a sundae that I couldn't finish. An embarrassment of riches from 1985-1993. All those great moments from that run blend into one pleasant memory. Bautista gave me a fresh one to hang on to and pass along to my daughter.

Awesome choice and the story behind the selection makes it truly special.